There is no way you can deactivate Twitter Account from Twitter App or From Mobile Device as of now. In future, the company might consider adding this feature in app or mobile device. You will have deactivate it from Desktop Version.
If you uninstall your Twitter app thinking your account is deactivated it’s time to think once again. You will have to manually deactivate by logging into your account from desktop version.
So if you are here, I’m guessing you have probably made up your mind to Deactivate your Twitter account or Temporarily deactivate Twitter(both are same).
I have outlined a detailed steps below where I have covered, how to deactivate twitter 2018 or temporarily deactivate Twitter in just six steps. Along with that I have also covered, how you can save your Twitter data or archive your Twitter before you Deactivate or Delete your Twitter account 2018.
I have also shared video on How to Deactivate Twitter account 2018 or temporarily deactivate Twitter that will make this process very easy for you. I’ve also shared Frequently asked question related to Twitter and How to deactivate twitter or How to Delete Twitter. And exclusively I’ve also covered the difference between deactivate Twitter and delete Twitter.
Why You Should Consider Deleting Your Twitter Account
If I talk about me, social media just takes up my whole time and I’m fed up with describing my life events in just 140 words. But this is just secondary thing for me, the main reason I want to deactivate twitter is based on the below facts and trust me it’s damm true:
I have pointed out the list of information Twitter uses about you once you create an account on Twitter:
- All the information like your name, username, password, email address, and phone number which you provide while creating Twitter account will be saved by Twitter which may be used to show you tailored ads.
- Be careful while you upload or sync your address book with Twitter, as they will keep a copy of your contacts. In case you are sending out an email to Twitter team, any contact information or the contents in the email could be used in future by Twitter.
- If you allow Twitter to access your physical location, they will access your location too.
- If you make any purchase or do any transaction through a service managed by Twitter, your billing details (e.g. card number, billing address, etc.) will be saved by Twitter. Fortunately, Twitter gives you option of removing these at any time.
After collecting the above information, below is how Twitter will use your information.
- In an indirect way, Twitter is not free and their services are supported by advertising. Twitter after collecting your information will show you targeted ads.
- Once good thing is that Twitter does not disclose your information without your permission except in special circumstances. Like for instance, they may have to share your information with law enforcement agencies if required by legally obligated or if the company is filing for bankruptcy or is involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets.
Before we move on with the tutorial on how to deactivate Twitter or temporarily deactivate Twitter, It’s important to archive your Twitter Account just in case you need them later on:
How to download your Twitter archive or Twitter Data
Step 1: Open your internet browser and https://www.twitter.com, it will ask for your user name and password, input your details.
Step 2: Notice in the top-right corner of your browser your profile picture and click on it and then click Settings.
Step 3: You will notice when you navigate below the page to click Request your archive.request-archive
Step 4: You will get a notification from Twitter that it has received your request and will send you an email when your archive is ready for downloading.archive-ready
Step 5: Follow the link in the email to download your Twitter archive.get-archive
Difference Between Deactivate Twitter and Delete Twitter
The major difference between deactivate Twitter or temporarily deactivate Twitter or Delete Twitter as the name suggest, if you deactivate Twitter, your account will be temporarily disabled. However, the important thing to note here is once you deactivate your Twitter account, and if you do not log back with in 30 days, your Twitter account will be deleted permanently. This will answer your query for how to delete Twitter account permanently. Now, if you do not want to delete Twitter permanently, you can login Twitter account within 30 days. Or You can permanently delete Twitter account, erasing all your tweets, followers, favorites, and other data. It will vanish from Twitter almost immediately, and will be fully wiped from Twitter’s servers in 30 days.
Deactivating your Twitter account is relatively easy although you can’t deactivate your account from a mobile device. Furthermore, if you change your mind, Twitter retains your user data for 30 days. Reactivate the account during this period by logging in to your Twitter account.
How to Deactivate Twitter 2018 or temporarily deactivate Twitter in Just Six Steps:
1. Log in to Twitter using your email and password.
2. Click “Settings” in the top right corner of the Twitter Web page to open the Account Settings page.
3. Click “Deactivate My Account” at the bottom of the Account Settings page.
4. Click “Okay, Fine, Deactivate [Your Account Name]” after you have read the account deactivation information.
5. Type your Twitter password when prompted. You can still turn back at this point.
6. Click “Deactivate Account” to Deactivate Twitter account.
Here is a simple video on how to Deactivate Twitter
Frequently Asked Question On How to Deactivate Twitter or temporarily deactivate Twitter?
Q. Deactivate Twiiter Steps:
Ans- The six simple steps to Deactivate Twitter has been shared above.
Q. What is Twitter deactive
Ans- Twitter Deactive is nothing but deactivating Twitter Account on Temporary basis.
Q. Twitter deactivate actions?
Ans- Once your Twitter deactivate, everything related to your Twitter account will be temporarily disabled.
Q. How to deactivate twitter account Easily.
Ans- We have shared one of the easiest method available on the Internet to deactivate Twitter, I’d suggest you have a look at it once.
You can also navigate to the Twitter support page from the link shared below that has all the details related to How to deactivate Twitter account. The Twitter support page also has answered frequently asked question related to How to deactivate Twitter account.
Conclusion: Now the decision to deactivate Twitter or want to delete Twitter is your call. One more reason to deactivate Twitter from my perspective is I believe my privacy is at stake on these social media platform. Al though, they say it is free but they do sell your information to Advertisers to generate revenue. But, they will not sell your info without your consent. Like they will notify you how they show relevant ads to you. So, basically social media like Twitter and Facebook are not free. Well, that is not the only reason I want to deactivate my Twitter, other main reason is, Iget glued to these platform and waste a lot of my time using them which results in I miss most of my important work.
Hope this article on How to deactivate Twitter account was helpful for you. We would to hear your questions and doubts if any related to the steps suggested above. We will also appreciate if you share this page among your friends on Facebook, Whatsapp or any social media.
Disclaimer: We are totally unofficial site and has nothing to do Twitter. Through this post we have made an attempt to guide those users who wish to deactivate their Twitter account. We are in no way discouraging people of not using Twitter.
2,318 total views, 4 views today