You cannot delete Twitter Account from Twitter App or From Mobile Device as of now. In future, the company might consider adding this feature in app or mobile device. You will have delete it from Desktop Version.
If you uninstall your Twitter app thinking your account is deleted it’s time to think once again. You will have to manually delete by logging into your account from desktop version.
Like Facebook, even Twitter gives you an option to delete Twitter account 2018 Permanently. Here in this post, I’ll be covering each and every thing you need to know about deleting Twitter account 2018 permanently.
I have also shared an important links to Twitter help Page below that will additionally help you in answering your query related to Deleting Twitter Account 2018. But, before that it is very important to know the difference between deactivate Twitter and Deleting Twitter. Even one step goes wrong and you may lose your Twitter account. Please follow the steps out line below to delete your Twitter account permanently.
I’ve also listed some of the most asked question about how to delete Twitter permanently that will come in Handy. But first some useful point that needs your attention:
Difference between Deactivate Twitter and Delete Twitter Permanently
When you deactivate Twitter 2018, your Twitter account gets disable temporarily. What it means is that, Twitter gives you one month time in case you changed your mind. If you’re fully certain that you want to delete Twitter permanently then you don’t log in to your Twitter account for one month and your account will deleted permanently.
Here is overall summery of the above paragraph:
Basically, for Twitter users deactivating Twitter and Deleting is same thing, the only major difference is you get 30 days time before Twitter finally delete your account. The Process to delete Twitter account is same as deleting Twitter account. Once you deactivate your Twitter account, it will be deactivated mode for 30, and after 30 days it will be deleted permanently.
If you have decided to delete Your Twitter permanently, then please follow the steps suggested below to delete Twitter permanently. But, before that you might to save your Twitter data. Here is how you can do it.
Before you deactivate your account, you should know(source Twitter Help centre link here)
- You may reactivate your account at any time during these 30 days by logging in.
- You do not need to deactivate your account to change your username or email address; you can change it at any time in your account settings.
- To use a username or email address on another account, you must first change them and then confirm the change prior to deactivation. (See below for instructions.)
- We do not control content indexed by search engines like Google or Bing.
- After deactivation, your account should be removed within a few minutes, however some content may be viewable on twitter.com for a few days.
Now moving on to How to delete Twitter permanently(Delete Twitter in just six steps)
1. Log in to Twitter using your email and password.
2. Click “Settings” in the top right corner of the Twitter Web page to open the Account Settings page.
3. Click “Deactivate My Account” at the bottom of the Account Settings page.
4. Click “Okay, Fine, Deactivate [Your Account Name]” after you have read the account deactivation information.
5. Type your Twitter password when prompted. You can still turn back at this point.
6. Click “Deactivate Account” to Deactivate Twitter account.
Once you click on that Deactivate account, your account gets disabled for 30 days, if you log back within 30 days. Your account will be activated again. If you do not log back with in 30 days your Twitter will be deleted permanently.
Frequently asked question on How to delete Twitter account permanently
Q. Difference between Deleting Twitter and Deactivating Twitter account
Ans- We have guided in the post above about what happens when you deactivate Twitter and When you delete Twitter.
Q. I can’t deactivate my account on my mobile device!
Ans- Deactivating Twitter is not supported on mobile devices. You’ll need to log in on the web in order to deactivate.
Q. I tried to deactivate, but it says I have the wrong password!
Ans- You may need to reset your password. You can request a password reset email here.
Conclusion: Hope the above post have cleared your doubts on how to delete Twitter account permanently. We would love to hear from you about this articles or further assistance that you may need from us. We will appreciate, if you can share this article among your friends.
860 total views, 0 views today