Creating an account on Amazon is very simple, just few details and you are good to go. However, it is totally opposite if you want to close your Amazon Account. But, do not worry we have simplified the whole process.
Basically, you cannot delete Amazon account through website or app. You will have to contact Amazon support to close your account. Below are the list of things you need to do to close your account.
You can raise a request to close your Amazon account 2018 by contacting support here.
In case you want to learn how deactivate an Amazon account temporarily. Then, please follow our guide shared at the bottom of this page.
But here are few important note to keep in mind before you raise a request
After your account is closed, it is no longer accessible by you or anyone else. This includes any Seller, Mechanical Turk, Associates, Web Services, Author Central, Kindle Direct Publishing or Amazon Pay accounts associated with your purchasing account. If you ever wanted to order from us again, or if you’d like to use website features that require a password, you would need to start a new account.
Once your account is closed, it’s no longer accessible by you or anyone else. Keep in mind:
- You won’t have access to other websites using your Amazon.com log-in (Audible.com, accounts at international Amazon sites (co.uk/.fr/.de/.es/.ca/.in/.au/.com.br/.nl/.it/.com.mx) except for Amazon.cn and Amazon.co.jp, etc.)
- You won’t have access to digital content related to Amazon Music, or your Amazon Appstore purchases
- You won’t have access to your customer profile including your reviews, discussion posts and customer images
- You won’t have access to your account history (including credit card information, order history, etc.)
- Returns and refunds can’t be processed for orders on closed accounts (including textbook rentals)
- If you have a remaining Amazon.com Gift Card or promotional credit balance, you won’t have access to use the funds
Note: If you own a Kindle and have your account closed, you’ll no longer have access to any Kindle content and subscriptions via this account. Consequently, we’d suggest that you download and save any content that you haven’t already downloaded or permanently saved on your Kindle before you have your account closed.
If you simply need to change your e-mail address or remove a payment method from your account, you don’t need to close your account. For more information on updating your account, go to Change Your Account Settings.
How To Delete Amazon Account 2018 And Deactivate Amazon Temporarily
Once you are aware of all these and still want to go ahead and delete Amazon Account then please follow the below steps.
Steps On How To Delete Amazon Account:
- First of all user need to visit the Contact Us page on Amazon’s website to get started with account deletion . Sign in with the Amazon account you want to close.
- Once you logged in then click on “Prime or Something Else” at the top of the customer support page. as shown in the below image
- Under the “Tell us more about your issue” section, select “Account Settings” in the first box and “Close My Account” in the second box. As per the shared image below.
- You’ll have to talk to customer support staff about this. Under the “How would you like to contact us?” section, choose either “Email”, “Phone”, or “Chat”. We recommend selecting “E-mail”, which seems to be the quickest method.
- Amazon’s customer support staff will contact you by email with more warnings about what you’ll lose when you delete an account. They’ll also try to figure out what problem you’re having and offer other possible solutions. But, if you’re sure you do want to close your account, they’ll help you do so.
We all know how big Amazon is, one of the largest eCommerce website. The company is famous for keeping all kinds of products, from A to Z you can notice that represented in their logo also in the arrow indicated from A to Z. Most of us at one point of time must have placed an order on the Amazon app or website. Which means most of us are familiar on how to use its website or app. What we ignore is not knowing how to delete Amazon Account and how to deactivate Amazon account.
So, today we have shared a new guide on how to delete Amazon account 2018 and deactivate Amazon temporarily. Yes, many of us know how to create an account on Amazon but many of us don’t know how to delete the Amazon account or how to deactivate an account. Many users think that uninstalling the app will delete the account. No uninstalling the app will not delete the account.
Before deleting the account you should be aware of few things. First of all we should be aware that Amazon account is shared across Amazon’s websites, so if we delete it, then we will lose access to Amazon.com as well as international stores like Amazon.co.uk and Amazon-owned sites like Audible.com.
If we delete our account then the company will also delete purchase history of our account or any other data, so any reviews, discussion posts, and photos what ever you’ve uploaded to Amazon’s website will also be erased totally.
These are the steps which helps you in deleting your Account. Stay tuned to this website for more latest updates on the technical stuff, new app releases, technical tips and tricks and many more.
How deactivate an Amazon account temporarily
Unfortunately, the company doesn’t give an option to deactivate the account. You can only delete the account permanently by contacting the support team.
As far as deactivate Amazon account is concerned, it is actually not possible to deactivate Amazon account.
3,375 total views, 8 views today